This two-stage innovative programme through the academic collaboration and mutual recognition of standards and compatibility between London Examinations Board, UK and North Borneo University College, Malaysia has resulted in a value-added programme dual award to everyone enrolled on this programme
About this Course
This two-stage innovative programme through the academic collaboration and mutual recognition of standards and compatibility between London Examinations Board, UK and North Borneo University College, Malaysia has resulted in a value-added programme dual award to everyone enrolled on this programme.
Both institutions embraced the same philosophy and commitment to increase access to higher education using educational technology – Internet and Mobile technologies – to provide blended learning and a fully online mode to reach out to an increasingly Internet and Mobile technology savvy community of learners.
On completion of the whole programme you will receive a Master’s in Management from NBUC plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administrated awarded jointly by TQUK and London Examinations Board.
This two stage MIM requires you to first complete the London Examinations Board Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) followed by a Research Methods and Business Project.
This internationally respected postgraduate degree has been designed to reflect the evolving nature of business and the global challenges facing business leaders. It focuses on developing strategic analytical skills, business intuition, and enquiring and adaptive thinking
Learners will develop the analytical and research skills needed to make logical arguments and creative contributions to improve business and management practice. The MA is structured to provide a strategic perspective on business and management.
At the end of the strategic business project you should be able to:
- Critically evaluate research approaches and methods in the context of business and management
- Critically evaluate the rigor and validity of published research and identify areas for further investigation
- Marshal relevant data, apply appropriate data-analysis techniques and present your findings in a clear and professional manner
- Plan and design a strategic business project in any business area
The PGDBA is assessed by LEB through coursework, assignments and work-based reports. Every month a new module from the eight core modules starts and by the end of the following month candidates are required to submit their assignments for that module
Assessment for the Research Methods and Project is twofold. The submission of the Research and Project carries 70% and the presentation of the Project carries 30% of the total marks
- Bachelor’s Degree; or
- Professional qualification equivalent to a degree + 2 years work experience, or
- Mature candidates with diplomas = 6+ years relevant work experience with two years managerial/supervisory time; or
- Mature candidates with without diplomas = 8+ years of relevant work experience with three years managerial/supervisory time